What a pleasant surprise! Today I got the notification that AshleyPaige from For the Love of Wanderlust nominated me for the Liebster Award. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! But, what’s that, you ask? I don’t know. But if it’s an award I’d be happy to oblige and follow the little rules:
-if you’re nominated give 11 facts about yourself
-answer the questions that the person who nominated you asked
– ask 11 questions and then nominate 11 other blogs with 200 followers or less
My 11 Facts:
1. I am a pink girl. I loove pink everything.
2. I am not an animal lover..unless it’s a tiny puppy that I can (just) pet. Don’t hate me! It’s hard to explain, animals are just not for me.
3. I’m addicted to trashy reality shows, like The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Teen Mom, Rock of Love, I Love New York, Flavor of Love,
4. I’m dying to move away after school to Washington, DC. HIRE ME.
5. I’m a “quality not quantity” person when it comes to my circle of friends
6. I’m obsessed with my family. I want them to be proud of me! If it wasn’t for my parents, I would be no one/ nothing
7. I listen to rap music and one day think I’ll marry Drake. My friends don’t understand this about me…
8. I think someone who is clean and organized is someone to be respected.
9. ^^^ maybe this is because I’m a neat freak…
10. I wasn’t supposed to be born and live in New York State. I just know it. I am made for warm weather. This is a fact. I live for sun.
11. Studying abroad in Italy changed MANY things about me and my whole life. I don’t regret any of that. I’m still paying for it, financially and physically, even though I came back a year ago, but honestly..how was I supposed to pass up an opportunity like that??
1) What inspires you to travel most?
Opportunity. If I have the means, the option and the time, I’m off. I like seeing new places and how others live their daily life. I compare it to the way I live, sometimes it makes me more thankful, other times it leaves me wanting another life!
2) What made you decide to start a blog?
I didn’t really willingly decide to start this. This blog is my senior capstone. I could have chosen a different writing outlet, but blogs are easy, clean looking and can be personalized. Perfect!
3) What is your favorite food?
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: my happy place is at a table with friends eating Mexican food and drinking frozen margaritas. That is what I’ll be doing in Heaven. Let’s also not forget that I’ll never ever pass up a plate of pasta 🙂
4) What destination was your favorite?
Paris and Florence were my favorites when I went abroad. My first sight of the Eiffel Tour- immediately cried. Walking into the Longchamp store- crying. Waking around on the top of the Arc de Triomphe- more crying. I was so happy.
Florence was beautiful. The museums I walked though/statues I saw were unforgettable. The fact that there were many Americans made it more relaxed and didn’t have me on edge trying to spit out my awful Italian.
5) What is the coolest museum you’ve visited?
The Louvre! The Mona Lisa was in there! THE MONA LISA! Incredible.
6) What’s something you feel like you spend too much time doing?
Ummm probably checking social media sites. Pinterest, Faceboook, Twitter… but I mean, who doesn’t.
7) What is your favorite holiday and why?
The 4th of July and Easter. They’re both happy! I like spring (Easter) because it means SUMMER (my life).
8) Why do you travel?
Because the opportunity is given to me! Please see question one…
9) What is your favorite book?
I like historical fiction. I found myself really obsessed with The Other Boleyn Girl and the other following books by Philippa Gregory.
10) What is your favorite work of art?
I went to Madrid right around this time a year ago. I went to the Museo Nacional Del Prado and fell in love with this painting. It’s huge and even if you stare at it for an hour, you probably won’t catch everything in the picture. I couldn’t take my eyes off it.
11) Have you ever couchsurfed? If yes, did you like it?
Never have! Phewf…
1) If you had to pick 3 words to describe you, what would they be?
2) Who motivates you to be the best you can be?
3) What’s your favorite song and why?
4) Describe your most embarrassing moment
5) Share your favorite quote. How does it relate to you?
6) If you could meet one celebrity (dead or alive) who would it be?
7) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
8) What is one thing you want to do before you die?
9) What are you most proud of yourself for doing in life?
10) If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why?
11) If you could have one re-do in life, what would it be?
^^^^^^^^^ very deep and personal, I know. But easy for everyone to answer!
And my nominees are……
Flux and Flow, Four Months without Instant Watch , The Happy Project , Keep Calm and Carry On , A Lucky Galway Girl , RLintz B-Log: From Cali to København, Fabulous 50’s , Gen Y Girl, From the North Country to the South Island, My World in Prose , Ryan in Leeds
Your turn, guys!!!! Can’t wait to see your answers!